ABOUT THE PACIFIC ISLANDS WSC
USGS IN YOUR STATE
USGS Water Science Centers are located in each state.
Science Education for Educators, Students, and Lifelong Learners
- The USGS and Science Education - Online resources, including lessons, data, maps, and more, to support teaching, learning, education (K-12), and university-level inquiry and research.
- USGS Education Resources for Teachers (13.5 Mb PDF)—Curricular ideas, scientific data, maps, books, and other on-line resources to support earth science, biology, geography, and hydrology.
- Water Science for Schools—Information on many aspects of water, along with pictures, data, maps, and an interactive center where you can give opinions and test your water knowledge.
- The Water Cycle—A complete and well illustrated overview of the water cycle. The diagram of the water cycle is available in over 60 languages; the water cycle summary in over 20 languages.
- Water Education Posters—Cartoon posters for grades K-12 on subjects of wetlands, water use, wastewater, navigation, ground water, and water quality
- USGS Recreation—Earth science gateway for a safer and more enjoyable outdoor experience.
- Volunteer for a Changing World—Informative sites for volunteering with the USGS and related science agencies.
Additional Environmental Education Sites