Water Resources of the Pacific Islands
Aloha! Welcome to the USGS Web page for the water resources of Hawaii and the Pacific area. This is your direct link to water-resource information and products for the State of Hawaii, the U.S. Territories of Guam and American Samoa, the U.S. Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the Republic of Palau, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Federated States of Micronesia.
Current Streamflow Conditions in Hawaii
USGS Groundwater Resources Program
Threatened and Endangered Gages
Active Data-Collection Sites in Hawaii and Guam
Recent Hydrologic Conditions
Synoptic Groundwater-Level Measurements
- Surface-Water Availability During Low-Flow Conditions, Anahola, Kauai, Nov. 26, 2013
- Role of Science in Water-Resource Management, Oct. 24, 2013
- Assessment of Watershed Management on Groundwater Resources, Oct. 24, 2013
- Water Use in Hawaii, Oct. 24, 2013
- Surface-Water Availability During Low-Flow Conditions, Lahaina, Maui and Statewide Application, Oct. 24, 2013
- Improvements to Water-Budget Model for Estimating Groundwater Recharge, Oct. 24, 2013
- Groundwater Availability in Central and West Maui--Numerical Models and Stakeholder Engagement, Oct. 24, 2013
Previous Featured Topics
Windward Oahu Flood, June 2011
Pearl Harbor Springs Discharges
Streamflow Measurements to Identify Gaining and Losing Stream Reaches
Flow Statistics for USGS Stream Gages, Hawaii
Water Resources of Guam
Quick Links to Current Conditions Data:
Quick Links to Tools:
Search our publications
|| Hydrogeology Journal, 2013 (accessed Jan. 15. 2013)|
Estimating Hydraulic Properties from Tidal Attenuation in the Northern
Guam Lens Aquifer, Territory of Guam, USA.
|| Scientific Investigations Report 2012-5264|
Availability and distribution of low flow in Anahola Stream, Kaua'i, Hawai'i.
|| Scientific Investigations Report 2011-5118|
Low-Flow Characteristics of Streams
Under Natural and Diversion Conditions, Waipio Valley, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii.
|| Scientific Investigations Report 2012-5055|
Development of Invertebrate Community Indexes of Stream Quality for the Islands of Maui and O'ahu, Hawai'i.
|| Open-File Report 2012-1115|
Measurements of Seepage Losses and Gains, East Maui Irrigation Diversion System, Maui, Hawai'i.
|| Scientific Investigations Report 2012-5123|
Groundwater Quality in the Columbia Plateau, Snake River Plain, and Oahu Basaltic-Rock and Basin-Fill Aquifers in the Northwestern United States and Hawaii, 1992–2010.
|| Scientific Investigations Report 2012-5085|
Sources of Suspended Sediment in the Waikele Watershed, O'ahu, Hawai'i.
|| Scientific Investigations Report 2012-5010|
Groundwater Availability in the Lahaina District, West Maui, Hawai'i.
|| Circular 1312|
Ground Water on Tropical Pacific Islands—Understanding a Vital Resource.